Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Man From Swift Current Chapter One Hundred Fifteen - Dad's Letter

Chapter One Hundred Fifteen – Dad’s Letter



After the Rick and Glenn left the kitchen, Don said, “Randy, I’ve done more harm to you than I have to anyone else, because of my selfishness.”



Shawn squeezed Randy’s hand, reassuring him everything was okay.   Randy glanced at his husband, who smiled at him.   Randy said, “Yes, you took pretty drastic measures to get me out of your home, both times it’s happened.  I managed to survive both times, and have become stronger because of it.   However, it’s nice to hear you acknowledge, you caused me pain and suffering.   You didn’t even try to work things out with me, the first time.   Your mind was made up, and you executed your plan, regardless of the damage you caused our family.”


Don looked away from his son’s accusatory gaze.   He said, “You’re right.”


“The second time was worse, when you disowned me,” Randy said.   “You tore apart our family.   Then, after you seemed to accept us, you tried to drive us apart.   I can’t think of anything more despicable than someone who pretends to accept you, and tells you it’s okay, then stabs you in the back.   At least I knew where you stood, when you disowned me.   That I could deal with; now I won’t know if you’re lying to me, or not, when you say you’ve changed your mind about us.”


Don looked across the table at Randy and said, “I’m not asking you to trust me.   I want you to help convince your mother to come back to me.   I’ll do whatever it takes to win her back, Randy, even if it means making peace with the four of you.   You don’t know how much I miss her, Randy.   Whatever you might think about me, I really do love your mother.”


Randy was glad Glenn and Rick weren’t in the room.   Glenn had been totally convinced Don was putting on an act; and he had been right.   “It’s a good thing Glenn isn’t here to hear this.   He was absolutely certain you were putting on a show for our benefit, so Mom would come home with you, and you just confirmed that, and he was pretty shocked to hear you’re jealous of him.”


Don said, “I can’t pretend to be what I’m not, Randy.   I’m still just as self-centered as I was yesterday, and the day before that.   However, I’m not lying to you about trying to get your mother back.   I will do what is necessary to get her to come home.   I don’t want to live the rest of my life alone.   The last few months have taught me I’m pretty poor company.”


Shawn said, “That I can understand.   I was pretty lonely, until I met Randy.   He’s my perfect husband.”


Mary smiled and said, “Yes, he is, Shawn.   Dave and I knew you two were meant for each other, from the first day we met you.”


Dave said, “Eva isn’t cut out to live alone, Don.   She won’t stay single very long if she divorces you.   She’s a very attractive woman and there are plenty of guys out there who would willingly take your place.”


“I know that, Dave,” Don responded.   “She has already informed me she plans to move to Georgia, once the divorce is final.”


“So, how do you propose to win her back?” Dave asked.


Don’s expression changed to one of deep sorrow and he put his head in his hands, hiding his face from view.   He pushed the palms of his hands against his eyelids as he tried to get his composure back.   He finally lifted his head and looked at his brother.   In a voice that communicated a deep, heartfelt misery, he said, “I don’t know, Dave.   I just don’t know.   She told me she doesn’t want to see me again.”


Mary said, “You can start by letting the boys be your emissaries.”   She gave Randy a quick look to gauge his reaction.   “Let them explain to her what agreements you have made with them; and the conditions they have placed on any further interactions with you.   I think it would go a long way toward getting her to at least speak with you.”


Before Don could respond, Randy said, “I’ll have to sleep on that idea.   Glenn wasn’t too keen on doing anything to help you convince Mom to return home with you.   He said it felt too much like bribery to him.   He wants you to be able to convince her to return based on your own merits, not based on rebuilding a relationship with us.   You often told us the same thing, Dad.   You told us we need to be real men and earn our own place in this world.   You emphasized to us we couldn’t be real men, if we rode on someone else’s coattails.”


Don grimaced as his own words came back to haunt him.   He had taught his boys to be independent and self-reliant.   Now the same message was being communicated back to him.   “Maybe I can write her a letter you can deliver to her, outlining what we’ve agreed to.”


Shawn said, “I think it would be best.   Then, Mom can confirm with us what you write about is true, and we won’t be put in a position of being your advocate.”


Don nodded his head and said, “I guess I’d better get started on that letter.”   He stood up from the table and said, “Good night.”


He left the room and Uncle Dave said, “Mary, I think we’ve done enough for today”   He smiled at his wife and she reached out and took his hand.


“Let’s go to bed, dear,” she said.


They both got up from the table and left Randy and Shawn alone.   Shawn leaned over and kissed Randy on the lips.   “Take me to bed, my dear husband.”


Randy grinned and said, “Your wish is my command.”   The two men walked hand in hand down the stairs to Ben’s bedroom.   They quietly opened the door and walked inside.   They could see Glenn and Rick were both asleep.  


Shawn said, “Good.   I’m glad they’re asleep.   I need you to make love to me tonight.”


Randy nodded his head and silently disrobed, then turned to help his husband out of his clothes.   They climbed into bed together.   They managed to satisfy their desires for each other, without waking up the two men sleeping in the bed next to them. 


Randy kissed his husband and whispered, “I love you.”


Shawn responded, in a very relaxed voice, “I love you, too.”  


Randy curled his body around Shawn’s and they soon drifted off into a happy and contented slumber.


*** ***


The next morning, I awoke to Rick’s fingers running through my hair.   He brushed my hair back from my forehead, then lifted my chin, raising my lips to his.   His kiss was a tender one.   He pulled back, and looked into my eyes.   “Good morning, Babe.”  


I smiled at him and said, “Good morning.”


“Shawn and Randy are still sleeping,” Rick said, nodding his head in their direction.


I glanced across the room to see Shawn spooned up against my brother with his arm wrapped around him, holding him close.  As I watched my brother’s face, a smile played at the corners of his mouth.   It did my heart good to see Randy’s husband, holding him protectively against him.   I was glad my brother had found someone who provided him a loving and safe home environment.   Randy liked to show the world his tough guy face; and, as a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), he cultivated that image.   However, I knew that behind the façade, was a very sensitive, caring individual; one who needed Shawn’s warm embrace, and his loving acceptance.   To me, it seemed they were two parts of a whole.   The artistic and emotional facets of Shawn’s personality were always on ready display, but underneath, Shawn was a very deep thinker who valued logic and reason.  


As I watched them, Shawn’s eyes opened and he gazed directly at me.   He smiled and said, “You must be thinking deep thoughts, Glenn.”


I shook my head and said, “I was just thinking how perfectly matched you and Randy are.”


Shawn smiled.   “As are you and Rick.   Rick is your knight in shining armor, just like Randy is mine.”


“No, he’s my Prince Charming,” I said, with a smile.   I ran my hand over Rick’s chest as I leaned over and kissed him.


Rick said, “It’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it.”


Shawn laughed and said, “I know Glenn has put you on a pedestal.”


“I have not,” I protested.


Shawn said, “Okay, let me see.   In the last 24 hours, you have described him as your perfect love, the best looking guy in the entire world, the best man for you, the greatest lover, the kindest man you know, the one responsible for keeping you organized, the only one who tolerates your craziness, your rock of Gibraltar, your anchor in this world, the hottest stud in Canada and the United States.”   He paused and looked at Rick, “Did I miss anything?”


Rick grinned and said, “The smartest and most intelligent guy he knows.   Oh, I’m also the most talented man in bed, as well as in the shower, or the Jacuzzi.”


I blushed and said, “I can’t help being totally and completely in love with Rick.”   I tweaked his left nipple, making him gasp.  I felt Rick’s manhood stiffen against me.


Shawn said, “I didn’t say there was anything wrong with putting Rick on a pedestal.   He deserves to be there.   He is the perfect match for you, Glenn.”


Randy opened his eyes and looked across the room at me and Rick.   He smiled and asked, “What’s all this talk of the perfect guy?”


Rick said, “We were just discussing all the ways I’m the perfect mate for Glenn.”


Randy said, “One thing I can add to this discussion is you certainly seem to keep him happy in the sex department.”


Shawn laughed.   “We’ve covered that angle already.   Besides it’s obvious Glenn has Rick right where he wants him.   I think we need to let them shower first from the look of things.”


I kissed Rick and said, “Let’s go, Babe.   I need to take care of you.”


I stood up and turned to pull Rick up.   We had slept nude, so we gave Randy and Shawn an eyeful.   Seeing Randy’s eyes widen as he looked us over, we posed for them. 


Randy whistled.   “Wow!   I’d forgotten how well-endowed you are, Rick!”


Shawn grinned and said, “Glenn’s no slouch either.    Randy, maybe we can convince them to stay and play, instead of getting a shower.   Damn!  You two know how to get my motor going!”


Randy laughed, and said, “While you two are in the shower, I’ll take care of my husband.”


We grabbed a towel to wrap around us and we stepped across the hall to the bathroom.   Rick took me in his arms and kissed me deeply.   “I’m glad we could help them out, not that they need our help, but it was nice to see them react to us”


“It’s because you’ve kept us in good shape, with all the running and weight training,” I said, flexing my arms.


Rick put his hand around my bicep and squeezed.   “I think there still can be some improvement here.”


I wrapped my arms around his waist and said, “I can’t compete with you, Babe.   You have me beat in the muscle department.”


Rick said, “That’s okay.   I like being the muscleman in our relationship.”   He leaned down to turn on the water in the bathtub.   He adjusted the temperature before turning on the shower.   He took my hand, pulling me into the shower with him.


He pulled the shower curtain and proceeded to do what he does best, as the warm water cascaded over us.


*** ***


We returned to the room we shared with Shawn and Randy, finding them lying in each other’s arms.   Shawn grinned up at us and said, “Randy was as good as his word.”


I laughed and said, “I had no doubts Randy would take good care of you Shawn.”


Randy rolled off of his husband and got to his feet.   He walked over and stood next to me.   He put his arm around my shoulders and said, “Shawn wanted us to stand side by side, so he could compare me to you, Glenn.   I think we’re a lot alike physically, but Shawn says you’re bigger than I am.”


I looked at my brother and said, “We’re the same height and have the same color eyes, but your hair is a little darker than mine.”


Randy laughed, “That’s not what Shawn was talking about.”


Rick gave me a lecherous grin and said, “Glenn, he’s talking about how big your pistol is compared to Randy’s.”


Blushing, I said, “Alright, I got it.   Let’s satisfy Shawn’s curiosity.”   I started stroking myself until I was very hard and erect.   Randy did the same.  


Shawn got up and walked over to us.   “Okay, now face each other and let’s see who has the biggest pistol.”


 We faced off with Shawn on one side and Rick on the other.   Shawn said, “I think you’re pretty evenly matched.”


Rick nodded his agreement, “Looks like a tie to me.”


Randy turned to his husband and said, “See, I told you we had the same build.”


“Okay, I’ll admit you were right,” Shawn said, grinning.   He took Randy by the hand.   “Let’s get showered.”


They each grabbed a clean towel from the closet and left us to get dressed.   Rick laughed and said, “There’s no penis envy there.”


“There can’t be, because we’re the same size,” I said.   “However, I think you win when it comes to size.”   I caressed his steel pole.   “And the most important thing is it’s all mine.”


In response, Rick kissed me deeply.   He pushed me down on the bed and said, “Are you ready for round two?”  I nodded my head and pulled him to me.


*** ***


Later, we dressed and made our way upstairs.   Aunt Mary and Uncle Don were already at the kitchen table.   We greeted them, “Good morning!”


Aunt Mary said, “Good morning, boys.   Where are Shawn and Randy?”


“They’re still in the shower,” I answered.


Uncle Dave grinned and said, “I know what that means.   I guess we don’t have to wait for them to eat breakfast then.”


Rick laughed and said, “No, I don’t think it will be necessary, because they may be a while.”


We sat down and Aunt Mary brought a plate of French toast over to the table.   “Help yourselves.   The syrup is already on the table.”


I looked at Uncle Dave and asked, “Did you already say grace?”


“No, but you can go ahead, Glenn,” Uncle Dave said.


I said grace, then dove in.   We were just finishing when Randy and Shawn appeared in the kitchen.


Randy said, “Thanks, Aunt Mary.   You know how much I love French toast.”


Aunt Mary said, “You’re welcome, Randy.   I remember how you insisted on French toast for breakfast every day, when you lived with us.”


Shawn said, “You spoiled him, Aunt Mary.   He won’t eat anything else.”


“It doesn’t seem to have done him any harm,” Aunt Mary said.


Shawn replied, “No, but he drives me crazy about it sometimes.”


Randy said, “Stop whining and have some delicious French toast.”   He placed two slices of French toast on Shawn’s plate.


Shawn sighed and said, “Okay, you win.”


Aunt Mary laughed and said, “If you want cold cereal, we have several varieties in the pantry.”


Shawn shuddered, as if he had been doused in ice cold water.   “No, thank you.   Cold cereal just isn’t my thing.”


“Or hot cereal either,” Randy said.   “He likes eggs and sausage.   He’ll even eat pancakes sometimes.”


“How about some fruit?   I have some grapefruit in the refrigerator,” she asked.


Shawn shook his head and said, “I’m okay.”   He poured maple syrup over his French toast and made faces as he began eating.


Seeing the expression on Shawn’s face, Uncle Dave burst out laughing.   “Shawn, you don’t have to eat the French toast.”


Randy said, “See what I have to put up with every morning.”


Aunt Mary smiled at Shawn and said, “Shawn, I’ll scramble some eggs if you’ll put some bread in the toaster.”


Shawn gave a sigh of relief.   “Thanks, Aunt Mary.”


Randy said, “You’re spoiling him, Aunt Marry.   When we go home, he’ll be insufferable.”


Aunt Mary glanced at Randy and said, “I can spoil him while he’s here.”


We heard the front door open and close.   Uncle Dave said, “That would be your father.”


A moment later, Dad entered the kitchen.  He greeted, “Good morning.”


We acknowledged his greeting with a ‘good morning.’   He took a seat between Uncle Dave and Rick.   He looked like he had been up all night.


Uncle Dave asked, “Did the walk help clear your head?”


Dad said, “Yes, it helped.   I still haven’t been able to write down what I want to say to Eva.”


“Maybe, start by apologizing,” I suggested; the tone of my voice left no doubt about how I felt.   Rick put his hand on my knee and shook his head.   I made a face at him.


Dad looked at me, ignoring my sarcasm, and said, “I tried to do that Glenn, but it sounded so hollow, even to me, when I wrote it down.   I don’t know how to express myself well enough in writing to communicate how I feel.”


“Then, keep it simple,” Randy said.   “Don’t oversell.   It will only make things worse.”


Dad said, “I tried keeping it simple, but will it convince your mother I’m really sincere?”   He stopped and glanced at me and said, “My litmus test is Glenn’s reaction to me.   He is a lot like his mother, and if he doesn’t believe me, neither will she.”


I nodded my head in agreement.   “You’re right about that.”


Rick frowned and said, “Glenn, you’re not helping.   We agreed to be reconciled with him, if he was willing to abide by our conditions.”


“He agreed, but will he really follow through with his promises, or will he renege on those promises as soon as he gets Mom back,” I said.


Dad said, “Glenn, please give me a chance to prove I can keep my word.”   Dad looked at Randy and begged, “Randy, please tell him you’re willing to take a chance on me.”


Randy said, “Glenn…”


I cut him off before he could say anything more, “Randy, I don’t need a lecture from you.   I know you’re willing to take a chance Dad won’t break his promises to us.   That doesn’t change how I feel.”   I looked across the table at Dad, “When you say you’re sorry, it doesn’t square with what my experience with you tells me is the reality.   I don’t believe people can change overnight, and I don’t believe you’ve changed.   What I see is you’re operating in your usual attack mode.   I acquiesced to your request to declare a truce in your war against us because Shawn, Randy and Rick want us to be reconciled.  You’ve called for an armistice because you want Mom back; not because you really have changed your mind about how you feel about me.   It’s almost like an exchange of prisoners, us for our mother.   As soon as she is safely at home with you, the nuclear weapons will be rearmed and launched.”


When I finished my monologue, there was a heavy silence in the room as Dad held my gaze.   He said, “Glenn, I can’t express how sorry I am you view me so negatively.   I am the only one to blame, since I treated you so poorly.”


“I truly believed you when you said you loved us unconditionally.   You used to tell me every night when you came into my room to say prayers at my bedside.   Then, you disowned Randy.   That act alone, destroyed what faith I had in you.   It meant everything you had ever told me was a lie.   I guess I should have figured it out before you disowned Randy, because of how you treated me when I told you I needed help.   Yes, you took me to therapists; but you thought I was being a pansy, and just needed to be toughened up.   You never looked beyond your own little world to see I was hurting.   I didn’t’ dare tell you what had happened to me for fear of being told I was imagining things, or I got what was coming to me.   I’m still dealing with the anger and the shame I feel at being raped by John and his friends.   You have no idea how depressed I get; and how physically ill I become, just thinking about it.”   I paused to catch my breath, then continued, “I have tried to overcome my anger at being left with John that day.  I’ve tried to stop blaming you for what John did to me; but you sure didn’t make it easy for me to seek out help.   In fact, you did your best to ‘toughen’ me up as you put.   You constantly threw it in my face I needed to be a ‘real’ man.”


Dad’s expression was one of deep sadness.   His voice was thick with emotion as he said, “I said I am sorry for everything that has happened to you, Glenn, and I meant it.   I may be selfish and egotistical, but I’m not a monster.   I deeply regret what happened to you.   I should have been more vigilant and observant.   You don’t know how often I’ve tried to figure out what I could have done differently to prevent you from being raped by your cousin.    I’m not just saying that to get you to convince your mother to return home with me.”


Rick put his arm around my shoulders.   I started trembling and I suddenly felt sick.   I shrugged Rick’s arm off of my shoulders and got up from the table, heading to the bathroom.   After losing my breakfast, I cleaned up the mess, then stood staring at my image in the mirror.   I thought, “I’m so screwed up.   Rick is right; I’m becoming a real basket case.”


After I left the kitchen, Dad asked, “How long has that been going on?”


Rick nodded his head.   “Glenn said it started when he began therapy sessions to help him work through his memories of the rape.   It seems worse now he is trying to work with his new therapist.   He gets physically ill any time his memories of that day come back.   Dealing with the situation between you and Mom has really been hard on him.”


Randy said, “We had no idea things were this bad.”


Shawn said, “It’s going to get worse before Glenn will get better.   I’ve seen it with some of my friends who have been traumatized by similar experiences.”


Rick said, “I’ve tried to get Glenn to calm down, since you showed up yesterday.”


Dad shook his head.   “I really am a failure.   I’ve been totally oblivious to Glenn’s suffering from the beginning.”


Uncle Dave said, “You aren’t the only one, Don.   Mary and I missed it, as well.   We knew things weren’t exactly right, but we attributed it to Glenn’s initial confusion about his sexuality.   We had several discussions about it, but Glenn never mentioned anything about what the real cause of his anxieties was.   We were just as blind as you and Eva were.”


Rick said, “I’d better go see if Glenn’s okay.   He should have come back by now.”   Rick left the kitchen and knocked on the bathroom door.   “Glenn, are you okay?”


I was still staring in the mirror.   I responded, “Yes, I’m okay.”   I unlocked and opened the bathroom door.   Rick was standing in the doorway with a very worried expression on his face.


“Come with me,” Rick said.   He took my hand and led me downstairs to Ben’s room.   He picked me up off of my feet and set me down on the bed.   He climbed into bed next to me, and pulled me into his embrace.


I put the palms of my hands on his chest and looked into his eyes.   “Why can’t I control this?   It frustrates me to no end to be so vulnerable to these emotional tidal waves!”


Rick reached up and smoothed my hair away from my forehead, then cupped my cheek with his hand.   “It will get better, Glenn.   Until then, let me help you make it through these hard times.”  I buried my face in his shirt and clung to him.   The warmth of his body against mine helped me relax.   Rick rubbed my back and ran his fingers through my hair.   “Babe, I love you.”


I lifted my head from his chest and gazed deeply into his eyes.   The tenderness reflected there reassured me and gave me a sense of safety and comfort.   “I love you, too.”


“Are you ready to go back upstairs?” he asked.


I shook my head.   “I can’t deal with my father right now.   I’m not even sure I can see my mother, in the state I’m in at the moment.   If you want to go back upstairs, I’ll be alright.   I need to have some time to calm down.”


Rick said, “I’ll stay with you until you’re asleep.”


I looked at him in surprise.   “What do you mean?”


“You always fall asleep after one of your episodes,” Rick said.   “I’ve seen it happen about a dozen times so far.”


I shook my head in disbelief.   “I don’t remember it being that way every time.   I know I’ve fallen asleep a couple of times, but not every time.”


Rick smiled and gently kissed me.   “Believe me, it’s been every time.”


Instead of arguing with him, I laid my head on his chest and let the steady beat of his heart lull me to sleep.


*** ***


Rick climbed the stairs and followed the voices into the front room.   Uncle Dave looked up from the newspaper he was reading and asked, “How is he?”


“He’ll be fine.   I left him sleeping downstairs.   These episodes leave him exhausted and he usually falls asleep,” Rick said.


Aunt Mary said, “I’m glad Glenn has you to care for him.   I would be very worried, if he were living alone.”


Rick said, “I’m worried about him.   These therapy sessions were supposed to help him, not make him worse.”   He sat down on the couch and stretched out his legs in front of him.   “Where did everyone go?”


“Don is in the kitchen working on his letter to Eva, and the boys decided to go over and visit with their mother.   They said they would be back after lunch,” Aunt Mary said.


Rick stood up and said, “I think I’ll go out for a run.   I need to work off some nervous energy.”


Uncle Dave said, “I completely understand.”


Rick had just passed the kitchen when he heard Glenn’s dad call his name.   He backtracked and entered the kitchen.   He sat down across from him and asked, “Yes?”


“I just wanted to thank you for being there for my son.   I’m grateful he has you by his side,” Dad said.


Rick said, “I’m doing my part to help him get better.   The best thing you can do is truly accept us for who we are.   That will go a long way toward helping Glenn.”


He nodded his head in acknowledgement.   “I’m trying; Rick, believe me I’m trying.   I want my family back.   I know things will never be the same; but, at a minimum, I would like us to be able to get together and spend special occasions together.   I don’t like the way things are, right now.”


Rick stood up and said, “It’s in your hands to make things better.   We’ve done our part.”   He left the kitchen and went downstairs.   He quietly opened the door.  I was awake, staring up at the ceiling.   Rick came over and sat down on the bed next to me.   “Are you up for a run through the neighborhood?”


I smiled up at him and said, “Sure, if there’s a special reward when we return.”


Rick gave me a lecherous grin.   “There’s always a special reward for my guy.”


I sat up and wrapped my arms around his waist.   “Thanks for helping me calm down.”


He leaned over and kissed me, “Not a problem.   Let’s change into our running clothes.   I need to get out of the house.”


We changed clothes and went back upstairs.   We left the house and did stretches out on the lawn, before taking off at a good clip.   Rick told me about his conversation with Dad while we ran.   We ran about 5 km. before turning around to make our way back.   At the end of the block, Rick said, “Race you back to the house.”


“Okay, we’ll start as soon as we reach the next driveway,” I agreed.


We sprinted down the block and Rick won by half a stride.   Rick said, “You’re getting slow in your old age.”


“Old age,” I retorted!   “I wouldn’t be talking about old age if I were you!   You’re older than I am!”


Rick laughed and grabbed me around the waist, pulling me into his embrace.   He kissed me and said, “I’m glad to see you’re back on your game.   An hour or so ago, you weren’t doing so well.”


I said, “The run was a good idea.   You always know what’s good for me.”


Rick released me, but held my hand, instead.   He interlaced his fingers through mine.   “I hope you always remember that.   I love you so much, I can’t bear to see you suffering, Babe.”


We entered the house and headed downstairs to hit the shower.   It felt good to feel my lover’s hands rub me down with soap, then rinse me off under the hot water.   I returned the favor and we toweled each other off.   We helped each other dress, then we joined Uncle Dave and Aunt Mary in the front room.   Dad walked in a few minutes later and handed me an envelope.


“There’s my letter to your mother,” he said.


I said, “Are you sure you want us to deliver this?”


“Yes, I’m sure,” he replied.


I looked over at Rick, who asked, “Are you ready to face your mother?”


I nodded my head, “Yes, I think I’m ready.”


“Let’s go then,” Rick said.


Uncle Dave handed Rick the keys to his Nissan Maxima.   “You guys can take my car, since Shawn and Randy haven’t returned yet.”


“Thanks,” Rick said.


We went outside and climbed into Uncle Dave’s new Nissan Maxima.   It had all the bells and whistles.   “This is a nice car,” Rick said.   It’s not one I would have chosen, but it’s still a nice car.”


I said, “I like it, but it doesn’t suit our needs right now.”


Rick drove us over to Mom’s place and parked the car next to Shawn’s SUV.   We went up to her door and rang the bell.    The door sprang open and Randy invited us inside.


“Mom’s in the front room,” Randy said.


We walked into the front room and went over to Mom.   We gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek.   “We have a letter from Dad,” I said, handing it to her.


She looked at me and said, “Randy and Shawn have told me about your Dad’s apology.   How are you guys feeling about it?”


Rick answered, “We’re fine with it, for now.   We are waiting to see if he follows through on his promises.”


She nodded her head in agreement.   “It’s always wise to be cautious.   Let me read what he has to say.”  She opened the enveloped and pulled out the handwritten pages.   We waited as she read them over.   Tears started flowing down her cheeks as she finished reading the last page of Dad’s letter.   She looked at us and said, “I think a miracle has occurred here.   I never expected anything like this from Don.   I had resigned myself to living the rest of my life alone, because of Don’s stubbornness.”


“Does this mean you’re going back to him?” Randy asked.


She smiled and said, “Yes, it does; but just not right away.   I, too, need to see if this change is real.”


“What should we tell Dad?” Randy asked.


“Don’t tell him anything.   I will call over and arrange to meet with him,” she said.   “Thank you for bringing me his letter.”


We chatted about our lives and brought her up to date with all of our plans for the future.   As we talked, I could tell her mind really wasn’t on our conversation.   Finally, I said, “Let’s leave Mom to make her phone call.”


Mom smiled at me.   “I’m sorry.    I haven’t been listening as well as I should, but it would be good for me make the phone call.”


We kissed her and left her to call Dad.   As we drove back to Uncle Dave’s, I asked Rick, “Do you think they’ll be able to work things out before we leave?”


Rick smiled, “Yes, I do; but I think your mother is going to make darn sure he keeps his word to us.”


We pulled into the driveway.   Rick pushed the button to engage the automatic garage door opener.   He pulled forward into the garage and parked the car.   Uncle Dave came out of the house to greet us.   From the big smile on his face, we already knew Mom had called Dad.  


Rick leaned over and kissed me.   “Please let your parents work out their difference without interference from us.”


I gave him an injured look and asked, “Don’t you think I would afford them the same privilege I claim for myself?”


Rick gave me that look and said, “Seriously, Glenn, I want you to promise me you’ll be on your best behavior and treat your parents the way you want them to treat us.”   He took my hand in his and repeated his request, “Will you promise me you won’t interfere?”


I looked deeply into his eyes and said, “Yes, I’ll promise you I’ll be on my best behavior, even though Dad doesn’t deserve it.”


“If you can’t do it for him, do it for your mother,” Rick pleaded with me.


“I said I’d do it,” I said, in exasperation.  Rick put his hand behind my head and pulled me closer for a deep kiss.   As always, my body began reacting to his touch.   “Rick, you know I can’t resist you when you kiss me like that,” I protested.   “It’s not fair.”


Rick smiled and said, “No one ever said it was fair.   It just is the way things are.”


Uncle Dave tapped on the window.   Rick opened the door and Uncle Dave said, “Are you two lovebirds ready to come inside?”


Rick grinned at him and said, “Only if I get to take my lovebird off to our room for some one-on-one attention.”


I punched him in the shoulder, “You’ll have to wait.”


Rick turned back to me with raised eyebrows.   “Really?  Is that a challenge?”   He reached over and began caressing my inner thigh.  


I grabbed his hand and said, “Rick, you win!   Let’s get out of the car before you embarrass me.”


Rick laughed, “I think I’ve already done that.”


We got out of the car and followed Uncle Dave into the house.   Uncle Dave turned to us in the hallway and said, “Thank you for what you boys did today.   It was the right thing to do.”


Rick slipped his arm around my waist.   “Are they talking on the phone right now?”


Uncle Dave replied, “Yes, they are.   They are planning to go out to dinner tonight.   I think it will be awhile before things return to a new normal, but that’s okay.   At least they are working out their differences.”


Rick said, “If you’ll excuse us, I believe my boyfriend owes me some alone time.”


Uncle Dave grinned and said, “I’ll make sure no one disturbs you.”


Rick escorted me to our bedroom, closing the door behind us.   He pinned me to the door and said, “I think you need an attitude adjustment, Mr. Nielsen.”


I gave him a lecherous grin and asked, “And who, pray tell, will help me make that adjustment?”


Rick pinned me to the door with his body pressed against mine.   My arms went around his neck, as he kissed me deeply.   When we came up for air, I said, in a husky voice, “You can give me that kind of attitude adjustment any time.”


We rubbed noses and continued our exploration of each other’s bodies until Rick began stripping off my clothes and carried me to our bed.   He did a strip tease routine, as he pulled off his clothes.   I was practically drooling all over myself, as I watched him.   First, his shirt came off, showing his well-muscled chest with his light covering of dark brown hair.   He tightened his abs to show off his perfect six-pack.   Next, he unzipped his jeans and reached inside to bring his pistol into view, blocking the view of his dark brown treasure trail.   He slowly rolled his jeans down his narrow hips and into a puddle on the floor.   Last, he hooked his thumbs inside his bright white bikini underwear and slipped them off, leaving his very erect steel pole on prominent display.   He flexed his legs, as he lifted himself up on the balls of his feet.   His super bright smile dazzled me, as always.   He moved toward me with a cat-like grace and pounced on me, pinning me to the mattress, as our passion for each other exploded like a super nova!


We basked in the afterglow of our passion as Rick slowly caressed my body, running his hands lightly over my skin.   His touch seemed to burn itself into the memory of each one of the cells of my body.   I love it when Rick does this to me.   He knows his touch leaves me totally in his control.   I can’t think straight when he’s caressing my skin like that.  


He kissed me and said, “I love you, Mr. Nielsen.”


I replied, “I love you, too.”   We heard a knock on the door and Randy asked, “May we come in now?”


Rick shouted, “Yes, you may.”


Randy opened the door and he and Shawn came into the room.   They sat down on their bed and Randy said, “It’s a done deal.   Mom and Dad are going out to dinner tonight.”


Shawn said, “Thanks to you two, I think things will work out for the best.”


“What did we do?” I asked.


“You pushed Dad to the limit.   After he saw your mental and emotional state this morning, he realized what an idiot he had been and wrote Mom a letter expressing his sorrow for everything he should have done for you and for the rest of us,” Randy said.


“Do you really think he’s being genuine?” I asked.


“I do,” Randy said.   “Yes, I thought he was being sincere before; but he is even more contrite now than he was yesterday.   I really do think witnessing your collapse this morning made all the difference in the world.   He got to see just how badly things are for you.   I don’t think any of us realized the impact the rape had on you nor the emotional stress Mom and Dad were causing you because of their separation.”


I said, “Well, we’ll see how things work out.”


Randy agreed, “We are in a wait and see mode right now, just like Mom is.”


We chatted for a while, then we got dressed.   We joined Uncle Dave and Aunt Mary for dinner, while we waited to see what happened with Mom and Dad’s dinner date.


*** ***

No comments: